Structure.Gantt allows you to configure how progress for individual tasks and groups is calculated.
By default, progress is calculated using the same settings as Work Estimates. In this case, progress will be calculated based on the values (Time Tracking, Story Points, etc.) you selected in the Work Estimates section.
If you prefer, you can specify a different field from Work Estimates or use a Formula for progress calculation.
While using Time Tracking, tasks with non-empty resolutions are treated as 100% complete.
If using a Formula, it should return values from 0 to 100. All values higher than 100 will be treated as 100.
When Time Tracking is used, a task's progress is calculated in the following way:
- For non-finished tasks, progress is based on Work and Time Spent values. In the above example, Task 2 has a progress of 50% (2 week Original Estimate / 1 week Time Spent).
- Tasks are treated as 100% complete if their resolution date is not empty.
When Story Points are used for work estimation, a task's progress is calculated in the following way:
- 0% progress is shown for any non-finished task.
- 100% progress is shown for any complete task (i.e. tasks with a non-empty resolution).
For groups, the progress is calculated as a total progress of all unique tasks within the group:
- Sub-project 1 has a total progress of 75%, the average between Task 1 (100%) and Task 2 (50%).
- Sub-project 2 has a total progress of 50%, the average between Task 1 (100%) and Task 3 (0%).
- Project folder has a total progress of 50%, the average of Task 1 (100%), Task 2 (50%) and Task 3 (0%). Notice that Task 1 appears twice (under Sub-project 1 and Sub-project 2), but each task is only counted once when determining a group's progress.