19th of May, 2020Structure.Gantt 2.4 includes additional Gantt attributes that can be used in Structure, gadget filtering and other improvements
1. Version Highlights
- Additional Gantt attributes available in Structure columns, formulas and effectors
- Filtering within a Gantt gadget
- Leveling Priority based on Jira Rank
- Limiting Resource Leveling to overallocations that occur after a specified date
- Other fixes and improvements
2. Changes in Detail
2.1. Additional Gantt attributes available in Structure
Some of the new attributes include:
- Gantt Work
- Gantt Duration
- Gantt Resource
- Gantt Leveling Priority
- Gantt Maximum Units
- Gantt Scheduling Mode
- Gantt Slice
And many more!
2.2. 2.2 Filtering within a Gantt gadget
It is now possible to filter Structure.Gantt gadget content the same way a Structure gadget is filtered, using a JQL, S-JQL or Text query:
Documentation: Using Gadgets
2.3. Notable Improvements and Fixes
- Resource Leveling can now be set to only resolve overallocations that occur after a specified date
- Jira Rank and Structure Index can now be used for Leveling Priority (see Resources)
- It is now possible to use only the Remaining Estimate for Task Estimation (see Work Estimates)
- Tasks with zero Estimate or a Fixed Duration of zero can be automatically treated as milestones (see Grouping)
- Manually-scheduled milestones are now visually distinguishable from automatically-scheduled ones
- Fixed: Updates to parent items were ignored when using a formula that included the value of a Gantt attribute's parent item
- Fixed: Resource Leveling was not respecting links, which in some cases resulted in scheduling conflicts
- Fixed: Zoom level unexpectedly switched from Days to Hours
- Fixed: Improved scheduling performance for schedules with a large number of fixed duration tasks
- Fixed: Improved performance for schedule updates when a changed task is included in many groups
3. Supported Versions
Structure.Gantt 2.4 requires Structure 6.0 or above.
We support all editions of Jira (Jira Core, Jira Software, Jira Service Desk), versions 7.13 or later. Jira Data Center is also supported.
4. Installation and Upgrade
If you already have production data from a previous version of Structure.Gantt, please back up your database or Jira before upgrading.
Please review your Gantt configurations after upgrading to check that your settings are correct.
5. Known issues
Below are a few known issues and non-obvious cases.
- If a Structure column is selected as the source for resource assignment formula, any changes made to this column after the resource list has been built will be ignored.
- User icons from external sites (like Gravatar) will be replaced with uniform user icons during PDF/SVG export.
- Quick filter functionality isn't working properly with the Filter by Resource action, so it is recommended that users avoid saving filters produced by this action.
6. Enterprise Deployment Notes
In terms of stability and performance, this release does not bring significant changes compared to version 2.3.0. There are no particular special areas of interest for load testing and stress testing Structure.Gantt 2.4. We advise running the same testing procedures as you've done for previous upgrades.