|Updated On||November 2019|
|Next Update||December 2019|
In this roadmap, we'd like to share some features the Structure.Gantt team is going to work on in the near to mid term. The scope of this roadmap is 6 months to 1 year.
A few notes and disclaimers about the roadmap:
- We only list new, important functionality– we are also going to work on other stuff, such as improving existing features, improving quality, improving user interface and adding minor features.
- This document lists only upcoming features in Structure.Gantt. We're also working on Structure for Jira and other Structure extensions, which have their own roadmaps.
- The roadmap is subject to change. We will update it periodically so it reflects our current vision.
- We only describe features briefly. If you are interested in the details of some specific feature or can provide feedback and ideas, please let us know at email@example.com
It is our general approach at ALM Works to focus on the quality of the product. Sometimes this means delivering a product later or changing plans and priorities, as unexpected dependencies and challenges appear. Therefore, while we try to adhere to the announced roadmap, by no means should it be considered an obligation from ALM Works, and it should not be relied upon when making purchasing decisions.
If you have any questions about our roadmap policy, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Versions and Dates
We generally aim to release a minor version of Structure.Gantt every 1-2 months and a major version every year. The following is an approximate release schedule for the scope of this roadmap.
Here's the list of major features that we're planning to work on in Structure.Gatt 2.x series up until Structure.Gantt 3.0
- Auto scheduled fixed-duration tasks – ability to specify duration for auto scheduled or tasks with either manual start or finish set ( Structure.Gantt 2.1)
- Change Dependency Type – an ability to quickly change dependency type
- Dependency lag/lead time – ability to specify lag and lead time between dependent tasks
- More Gantt Data as Structure attributes – export other Gantt data and allow to use it in Structure columns
- Backlog – an ability to position not yet scheduled tasks at today or after scheduled tasks
- Sandbox Mode – ability to play with "what-if" scenarios, without affecting the data seen by other users
Planned for later:
- Syncing to Jira Custom Fields – writing the calculated values (such as Start Date and Finish Date) into Jira custom fields
- Multiple Resources – ability to specify several resources along with their usage
- Resource Management – more flexible way to manage resources and share them between several charts
- Actual Start and Actual Finish Dates
- Editable Work Calendars – a UI for managing calendars
- Deeper Integration with Structure Attributes – lets Estimate, Manual Start Date be extracted from an arbitrary attribute (including calculated attributes)
- Milestone-Driven and Non-Binary Critical Path – a way to calculate critical paths for a specific milestone and calculate a relative risk for a task to become critical
- MS Project Integration – wizard for importing data from MS Project
- Split Tasks – supporting a way to break down a task into pieces when dependencies change and the task already has non-zero progress
- Calendars Integration – integration with major providers of work calendars, such as Tempo, Portfolio
- Structure of Structures, Gantt of Gantts – support configurations where a structure contains other structures and its Gantt imports the pre-calculated Gantt charts from those structures