|Updated On||November 2018|
|Next Update||January 2019|
In this roadmap, we'd like to share some features the Structure.Gantt team is going to work on the near to mid term. The scope of this roadmap is 6 months to 1 year.
A few notes and disclaimers about the roadmap:
- We only list new, important functionality– we are also going to work on other stuff, such as improving existing features, improving quality, improving user interface and adding minor features.
- This document lists only upcoming features in Structure.Gantt. We're also working on Structure for Jira and other Structure extensions, which have their own roadmaps.
- The roadmap is subject to change. We will update it periodically so it reflects our current vision.
- We only describe features briefly. If you are interested in the details of some specific feature or can provide feedback and ideas, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
It is our general approach at ALM Works to focus on the quality of the product. Sometimes this means delivering a product later or changing plans and priorities, as unexpected dependencies and challenges appear. Therefore, while we try to adhere to the announced roadmap, by no means should it be considered an obligation from ALM Works, and it should not be relied upon when making purchasing decisions.
If you have any questions about our roadmap policy, please write to email@example.com.
Versions and Dates
We generally aim to release a minor version of Structure every 1-2 months and a major version every year. The following is an approximate release schedule for the scope of this roadmap.
|Target Month||Jan '19||Apr '19||Jun '19||Aug'19||Oct'19||Dec'19|
Here's the list of major features that we're planning to work on in Structure.Gatt 1.x series up until Structure.Gantt 2.0
- Agile Planning – ability to visualize and plan tasks based on Sprints
- Baselines – ability to save a baseline and later compare against it.
- Constrained Scheduling – aka Resource Leveling, automatic scheduling that avoids resource overallocation.
- Multiple Resources – ability to specify several resources along with their usage.
- Resource Management – more flexible way to manage resources and share them between several charts.
- Deeper Integration with Structure Attributes – lets Estimate, Manual Start Date be extracted from an arbitrary attribute (including calculated attributes).
- Calendars Integration – integration with major providers of work calendars, such as Tempo, Portfolio.
- Sandbox Mode – ability to play with "what-if" scenarios, without affecting the data seen by other users.
Planned for later:
Actual Start and Actual Finish Dates
- Syncing to JIRA Custom Fields – writing the calculated values (such as Start Date and Finish Date) into JIRA custom fields.
- Editable Work Calendars – a UI for managing calendars.
- Milestone-Driven and Non-Binary Critical Path – a way to calculate critical paths for a specific milestone and calculate a relative risk for a task to become critical.
- MS Project Integration – wizard for importing data from MS Project.
- Split Tasks – supporting a way to break down a task into pieces when dependencies change and the task already has non-zero progress.
- Structure of Structures, Gantt of Gantts – support configurations where a structure contains other structures and its Gantt imports the pre-calculated Gantt charts from those structures.