In this section, you can configure how the work (effort required to complete the task) is determined.
The work required for each task can be estimated using Time Tracking and/or Story Points:
- For both options, you need to specify the default value, which will be used for tasks with no estimate defined.
- For Story Points, you also need to set the ratio, which will be used to convert Story Points into hours and back.
Using Time Tracking AND Story Points
If you are working on a plan where teams use both time tracking and story points, you can select both options. By default, Time Tracking will be preferred.
If you use both options and Time Tracking is preferred, Structure.Gantt will calculate time tracking using:
- Time Spent + Remaining Estimate, if work is logged for the task.
- Original Estimate, if no work is logged.
- Story Points estimate, if no work is logged and there is no Original Estimate.
- Default Estimate, if no other estimate information is available.
If you adjust the task duration by changing the size of the task bar in the chart, Structure.Gantt will update the time tracking data, even if the task estimate was originally in Story Points. If you want to use story points instead, check the Prefer Story Points over Time Tracking box.
Work estimates define the amount of work (or effort) required to complete a task. The exact duration of the task will depend on the amount of work, the resource assigned to the task and the calendar. Please see the Resource Management section for more details.