The Epic Link Extender pulls in issues belonging to epics already in the structure. The issues will be placed beneath the epics in your hierarchy.
Due to technical differences in how items are linked, the Epic Link Extender only works for Classic projects.
For Next-Gen projects, use the Next-Gen Extender.
Adding an Epic Link Extender
To add an Epic Link Extender, open the Automation menu and select Epic Link Extender.
Each Epic Link Extender can be customized to create exactly the hierarchy you need.
You can customize:
Extend Levels - Allows you to select which levels in the hierarchy the extender should be applied to:
- All levels up to 10 (default) - The extender will be applied to the first 10 levels of the hierarchy, starting from the level where the extender itself is located.
- All levels - The extender will be applied to the current level and all its descendants.
- Current level only - The extender will only be applied to the same level in the hierarchy as the extender itself.
- Manual levels range - You can specify which levels the extender is applied to.
See Generator Scope to learn more about customizing levels.
You can add as many generators as necessary to create the perfect structure for your needs. Here's an example:
- Add epics using the JQL Search Inserter
- Place issues under epics using the Epic Link Extender
- Place sub-tasks under issues using the Sub-task Extender