The Next-Gen Hierarchy Extender pulls in issues under epics and/or sub-tasks under issues for Next-Gen projects.
In the example above, we built our hierarchy by adding all our epics using a JQL/Text Inserter, and then we placed our tasks beneath them and our sub-tasks beneath tasks, using the Next-Gen Hierarchy Extender.
Adding a Next-Gen Hierarchy Extender
To add a Next-Gen Hierarchy Extender, click the Automation button to turn on Automation Editing mode. Then click the + button and select Extend.
This will display the Extend generator options. Select Next-Gen Hierarchy...
Each Next-Gen Hierarchy Extender can be customized to create exactly the hierarchy you need.
You can customize:
- Extend epics - pulls in issues under epics already in the structure
- Add sub-tasks - pulls in sub-tasks under issues already in the structure
Extend Levels - Allows you to select which levels in the hierarchy the extender should be applied to:
- All levels up to 10 (default) - The extender will be applied to the first 10 levels of the hierarchy, starting from the level where the extender itself is located.
- All levels - The extender will be applied to the current level and all its descendants.
- Current level only - The extender will only be applied to the same level in the hierarchy as the extender itself.
- Manual levels range - You can specify which levels the extender is applied to.
See Generator Scope to learn more about customizing levels.
Closing Automation Editing Mode
To close Automation Editing mode and hide the list of generators, click the Automation button in the toolbar again.