To select who can edit generators:
- Navigate to Administration | Structure | Configuration.
- Click Select Who Can Access Automation.
- Select whether generators can be changed by Anyone with Edit Generators permission or by Users in selected groups/roles.
- In the latter case, change the selected groups/roles list by selecting the second radio button and use the Add Group/Role section to add one or more required user groups or project roles:
- Use the drop-down selectors to choose either the Group or Project option.
- Choose the required group name or project/role combination. (Note: If project is set to "Any", this means the user should be in the specified role for any of the structure-enabled projects.)
- Press the Add button to add it to the list.
- You can remove a permission option by clicking the trash can icon on the right of the option.
- Click Apply when done or Cancel to dismiss your changes.
In order to add/change generators for an individual structure, a user also has to have Edit Generators access for that structure.
Users who have Jira Administrators global permission are always allowed to change generators.