There are three levels of permissions for Effectors:
- Permission to Configure Effectors - by default, anyone with access to Automation can add and configure Effectors.
- Permission to Execute Effectors - by default, anyone with view access to a structure can run any Effectors within the structure.
- Permission to Execute Effectors on Query Results - this permission is required to run effectors that were inserted by a Structure Inserter.
You can restrict users' ability to access/run Effectors based on user groups and/or project roles. To do so:
- Navigate to Administration | Structure | Configuration.
- Scroll to the appropriate Effector permission at the bottom of the page. Click the appropriate "Select who can..." button.
- If you choose to assign permission based on Users in selected groups/roles, use the Add Group/Role section to add one or more required user groups or project roles:
- Use the drop-down selectors to choose either the Group or Project option.
- Choose the required group name or project/role combination. (Note: If project is set to "Any", this means the user should be in the specified role for any of the structure-enabled projects.)
- Press the Add button to add it to the list.
- You can remove a permission option by clicking the trash can icon on the right of the option.
- Click Apply when done or Cancel to dismiss your changes.
Users who have Jira Administrators global permission are always allowed to create, edit and execute Effectors.