When you delete a structure, the following information is deleted:
- The hierarchical list of issues from the structure
- Structure details - name, description, permissions
- Synchronizers installed into structure
The issues that the structure contains are not affected in any way. They remain in JIRA and still can be part of another structure.
If there's any synchronizer installed for the structure you delete, it will not have a chance to react. So, if removing an issue from the structure should cause synchronization (such as removal of the links, done by the Links Synchronizer), you might need to first manually delete issues from the Structure to let the synchronizer do its job, and then delete the structure itself.
To delete a structure:
- Open Manage Structures page using top navigation Structure menu.
- Find the structure you'd like to delete and click Delete link in the Operations column.
You need Control access level to be able to delete a structure. See Structure Permissions.
- Review the structure you are about to delete and confirm the operation. There's no Undo!