You can extend Structure add-on's functionality with your own add-on by using one of the available extension points.
- Creating a New Column Type
- Creating a New Synchronizer
- Loading Additional Web Resources For Structure Widget
- Declaring a New Generic Item Type
Structure plugin has a lot of extension points. More extensive documentation is coming with the future versions. It will cover the following topics:
- Adding new item types, which can be used in a structure
- Adding new generators, which can build dynamic structures (Inserters, Extenders, Filters, Groupers and Sorters)
- Adding new attributes, displaying them in the Structure grid or using for sorting or grouping
- Adding new structure templates
- Adding new constraint function to S-JQL
- Adding actions to Manage Structure page
- Adding toolbar elements to the Structure Board
If you're interested in these topics but cannot find documentation or need help, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll provide advice.