When Issue Progress is based on Resolution Only within a Progress column, the progress is calculated based on the issue’s Resolution field and the progress of its sub-issues.
Calculating Progress for Issue Without Sub-Issues
If the issue does not have sub-issues:
- If the issue's Resolution field is not empty, the progress is 100%.
- Otherwise, the progress is 0%.
Calculating Progress for Issue with Sub-Issues
If the issue does have sub-issues:
- If the issue's Resolution field is not empty, the progress is 100% - regardless of the sub-issues' progress.
- Otherwise, the issue's progress is the weighted average of its sub-issues.
You can specify how an issue's weight is determined in the column configuration panel.
Resolution Only with Story Points
When Issue Progress is based on Resolution Only and the Weight is determined by Story Points:
- Individual progress is 0% or 100% based on Resolution field
- Total progress is calculated as a weighted average, with weights contained in the Story Points field
This issue is resolved (indicated by the green mark) - so it is complete.
It has two sub-issues with 0% and 100% progress, and story points are 2 and 3 respectively. So the total progress is the weighted average value of (0 x 2 + 100 x 3) / (2 + 3).
It has two sub-issues: Sub-issue 1 (60% done) and Sub-issue 2 (0% done), and their cumulative story points are (2 + 3) and 1, respectively. So the progress is (60 x 5 + 0 x 1) / (5 + 1).