22 November 2013Structure 2.5.3 fixes a few issues with synchronization and improves performance on very large structures.
1. Patch Release
This is a patch release based on version 2.5.2. It contains a number of performance improvements and bug fixes related to synchronization.
Upgrade is recommended for all customers who have active maintenance subscription.
1.1. Synchronization Fixes and Improvements
The following synchronization-related issues have been fixed:
- HJ-1580 JIRA Agile synchronizer incorrectly moves issues without epics to the top
- HJ-1581 JIRA Agile synchronizer should "bubble up" the issues that lose epics instead of moving them to the top level
- HJ-1573 DefaultLinkProcessor does not report link creation/removal events
1.2. Aggregate Performance Improvements
In previous versions, overall JIRA performance could degrade in the presence of large structures (containing 20,000 issues and more), due to massive access checks and aggregate value calculations. Both performance and responsiveness have been improved in this version. Please see the following issues in our JIRA:
- HJ-1539 Performance degradation due to excessive load via Structure aggregates
- HJ-1538 NPE in AggregateCache
2. Supported JIRA Versions
Structure 2.5.3 supports JIRA versions 5.2 – 6.1.x. There are two separate downloads: one for JIRA 5, another for JIRA 6.
3. Installation and Upgrade
Installation and upgrade are simple and done in the same way as for most other plugins. Please see Structure 2.5 Release Notes for details.