1th of March 2019Structure 5.2.2 fixes a regression and improves compatibility with Jira 8 and Portfolio 2.24.
1. Patch Release
This is a patch release based on Structure 5.2.1. It fixes a regression, introduced in version 5.2.0, which could manifest in the following:
- Generators and synchronizers can produce partial or incorrect results when background re-index is in progress.
- Synchronizers don't react to issue changes made by other synchronizers.
This version also improves compatibility with Portfolio 2.24 and Jira 8 and addresses the following issues:
- Fixed: Parent Issue Grouper does not work with Portfolio 2.24.
- Fixed: Issue fields with dropdowns are not editable from Gadget on Jira 8.
NoSuchMethodExceptionwhen flushing thread-local searchers.
Upgrade is recommended for all customers using Structure 5.2.x, Jira 8, or Portfolio 2.24.
If your Jira server does not have Structure yet, the installation is simple:
- Download and install the Structure add-on, either from Atlassian Marketplace or from our Download page. Pick the correct version based on your Jira version!
- When the Add-on Manager reports a successful installation, click Get Started to visit a page with important guidance for the Jira administrator. You may also want to check out the user's Get Started page, available under the "Structure" top-level menu.
jira-application.logfor log messages from Structure.
If you're upgrading from version 2.11.2 or earlier, please read Structure 3.0.0 Release Notes.
The upgrade procedure for versions 3.x to 5.2 is simple:
- Consider backing up Jira data. Use Administration | System | Backup System. Starting from version 3.0.0, Structure data can be backed up together with Jira data. (If you have a large instance and have a proper backup strategy in place, you may skip this step.)
Install the new version of the plugin.
jira-application.logfor warnings or errors.
4. Enterprise Deployment Notes
Structure 5.2.2 does not introduce changes that could affect performance or would justify additional load and stress testing for Enterprise deployments.