|Updated On||26 May 2017|
|Next Update||26 July 2017|
In this roadmap, we'd like to share some of the features Structure team is going to work on in the near to mid term. The scope of the roadmap is 1 to 2 years.
A few notes and disclaimers about the roadmap:
- We only list new, important functionality– we are also going to work on other stuff, such as improving existing features, improving quality, improving user interface, adding minor features.
- This document lists only upcoming features in Structure. We're also working on Structure extensions, such as Structure.Gantt, which have their own roadmaps.
- The roadmap is subject to change. We will update it periodically so it reflects our current vision.
- We only describe features briefly. If you are interested in the details of some specific feature or can provide feedback and ideas, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is our general approach at ALM Works to focus on the quality of the product. Sometimes it means delivering a product later or changing plans and priorities, as unexpected dependencies and challenges appear. Therefore, while we try to adhere to the announced roadmap, by no means it should be considered an obligation from ALM Works and it shouldn't be relied upon when making purchasing decisions.
If you have any questions about our roadmap policy, please write to email@example.com.
Versions and Dates
We generally aim to release a minor version of Structure every 1-2 months and a major version every year. The following is an approximate release schedule for the scope of this roadmap.
|Target Month||Jun '17||Aug '17||Sep '17||Nov '17||Dec '17||Feb '18||Apr '18|
Here's the list of major features that we're planning to work on in Structure 4.x series up until Structure 5.0.
- Formula Column – a powerful language for Excel-like calculated columns.
- Full Screen – a Structure Board mode that maximizes the area for the structures.
- Extra Notes Column – a way to leave additional notes and comments about items without adding custom fields. Notes are particular to a specific structure.
- Note / Text Item Type – like Folders, these items can be added to a structure but are not JIRA issues. Notes have their title and text, and can be used for quick planning or leaving comments for a collection of issues.
- Hierarchical Custom Field – based on a structure, the field allows selecting an item from a structure as the value.
- Universal Aggregation and Column Formatting – all columns getting a way to specify how the values should be displayed and a way to aggregate values based on several functions, like SUM, MAX, MIN.
- Manual Adjustments of Dynamic Content – allowing content coming from generators to be manually moved or removed.
- Revamped and Simplified Synchronizers – these will work with automated structures and provide a way to further automate your JIRA, such as ensuring that sub-issues (even automatically generated) have the same value as the parent issue.
- Context Help and Guidance System – for helping the users quickly find a solution within the app.
- Card-based view and Grouping – providing a pivot-like view for structured items.
- Organizational Charts – with the ability to make primary items of a structure to be not an issue, but a user, letting build a hierarchy of users and teams.