Synchronizers are hidden by default
If there are no synchronizers installed on your system, this feature will now be hidden from users. To enable synchronizers, set structure.feature.synchronizers.enabled system property to true. See Advanced Configuration with System Properties for more information.
If you currently have synchronizers installed, the feature will remain visible.
Synchronization lets you keep Structure issue hierarchy in sync with some other issue properties. For example, you can enforce the rule that JIRA sub-tasks should always be placed under their parent in the structure, or that there should be an issue link from parent issue to each sub-issue.
Synchronization can also be run once to perform a one-time update of the structure (Import) or one-time update of the issues based on the structure (Export).
Synchronization is an extendable system that allows JIRA plugins to provide their own synchronizers. The following synchronizers are supplied with the Structure plugin:
- Sub-Tasks Synchronizer places JIRA sub-tasks under their parent issues in the structure.
- Links Synchronizer makes sure that sub-issues are linked to their parent issues with a specific link type, and it also can be used to reconstruct structure from links.
- Filter Synchronizer populates structure with issues that pass a saved filter. It also can be used to remove issues from structure when they no longer pass the filter.
- JIRA Agile (GreenHopper) Synchronizer works to sync JIRA Agile ranking of issues with their position in the structure and to make it easier to assign stories to epics using Structure.
- Status Rollup Synchronizer propagates issue status upwards. For example, it can make parent issue Resolved if all sub-issue are resolved.
Please be careful: synchronization may cause massive changes to issues. For example, if you install JIRA Agile (GreenHopper) synchronizer and then add issues to the structure in some random order, those issues' ranks will be changed according to that order almost immediately! Please make sure you have daily backups and carefully review how a synchronizer works before installing it.
In order to install a synchronizer, you need to have Control permissions on a structure and have necessary permissions on the JIRA issues.
Note that you also need to have special permission to Control Synchronizers. If there is a warning message above the feature description, please contact your JIRA Administrator for assistance.
Anonymous user cannot install synchronizers or use Export/Import, even if they are granted Control permissions.