Structure plugin records every change that you or other users make to a structure. The History View lets you see those changes and previous versions of your structures.
To turn on the History View, click the Toggle Panels menu button and select Grid + History. The list of recorded changes will appear in the History panel on the right.
Structure History has been introduced in Structure version 1.4. All changes made with earlier versions of Structure plugin have not been recorded.
History does not work for dynamic parts of the structure. Changes done to issues added to the structure by generators will not be stored. However, the addition, moving and removal of the generators themselves is recorded.
Reading History View
By default, 20 most recent changes are loaded. If there are more, you can click the Show More button at the bottom of the list to load earlier changes.
New changes are loaded and added to the top of the list as they happen.
For each change, the following information is shown:
- The avatar and the name of the user who has made the change. In JIRA 4.4 and up you can hover your mouse over the user avatar to see the user details.
- If the change has been made by a synchronizer, the synchronizer's name is shown. User avatar displays the user account that the synchronizer was running under.
- The nature of the change – how many issues were affected, were they added, removed or moved.
- The date and time when the change was made.
When you click a particular change, the main panel of the widget shows the structure as it was when that change was made. The affected issues are highlighted, and the structure expands and scrolls as needed to bring them into view.
Use the Ctrl+] and Ctrl+[ keyboard shortcuts to navigate to an earlier or later change.
If issues were removed, they are shown in their position before the removal.
Moved issues are shown in their new position by default, and their original position is marked by a red horizontal line. Use the small toggle button in the history section to show moved issues in their original position instead.
Limitations of the History View
- History only tracks the structure changes, not the changes of JIRA fields. All columns with issue fields show current values – not the values that the issue had when the structure change was made.
- You cannot edit issues, create new issues or change structure when viewing history.
- The history cannot be modified. (The administrator can clear the entire Structure history.)
Printing a Previous Structure Version
You can Open Printable Page when viewing a previous version of the structure. The printable page will show the structure as it was after the selected change has been applied.
Note that all limitations apply: the current values of the fields will be displayed and Progress and other aggregate columns will not be displayed.
Exporting a Previous Structure Version to XLS Format
Like with the printable page, you can export structure to XLS (Excel). The XLS file will contain structure as it was after the selected change has been applied.