In Structure.Gantt, dependencies are defined based on Issue Links. Changing dependencies creates or removes links between issues (the link type is defined in the Gantt configuration).
Structure.Gantt supports the following types of dependencies:
- Finish to Start (FS) - the second item's start is dependent upon the first item's finish
- Start to Start (SS) - the second item's start is dependent upon the first item's start
- Finish to Finish (FF) - the second item's finish is dependent upon the first item's finish
- Start to Finish (SF) - the second item's finish is dependent upon the first item's start
Finish to Start Dependencies
Structure.Gantt uses Finish to Start dependencies by default. To enable other types of dependencies, see Dependencies Configuration.
To create a Finish to Start dependency:
- Mouse over the task bar until a black circle appears to the right of the bar.
- Press the circle and drag your dependency line to the task you want to link to. Once you release the mouse button, the dependency (and the corresponding Jira link) is created.
If you have more than one link type associated with Finish to Start dependencies, you will be asked which link type you want to use.
Other Dependency Types
To create other types of dependencies:
- Click the Link button in the toolbar
- Select the tasks you want to include in the dependency
- Select the Dependency Type
- Click Create Dependency
If you haven't configured a Dependency Type, you won't be able to select it in the New Dependency menu.
In order to use these dependency types, you first need to configure them in the Dependencies Configuration.
It is currently not possible to select Start to Finish or Finish to Finish when creating a new dependency between tasks and groups; however, they can be created:
- Create a Finish to Start dependency
- Click the dependency link to edit it
- Change Type to Start to Finish
It is also possible to create dependencies between non-issues items (folders that have been turned into milestones or folders being treated as a Group), as well as between issues and non-issues. These dependencies are stored inside Structure.Gantt and are not visible outside of the chart.
To view or edit the details of an existing dependency, click the link arrow connecting two tasks.
To delete a dependency, click Remove in the Dependency Properties panel.