Colors for Jira User Guide
Colors for Jira provides JQL-based color highlighting for enhanced issue navigation.
Apply a Color Scheme
Colors for Jira adds a dropdown menu to Jira pages. To apply a color scheme to that page, open the menu and select the desired theme:
The dropdown menu shows either the name of the currently selected scheme, or 'No scheme' when none is applied.
The contents of the dropdown is split into two sections: 'My Schemes' and 'Global Schemes'.
- 'My Schemes' are the schemes defined by you, the current user, which are not visible to anyone else
- 'Global Schemes' are set by Jira admins, and are shared with everyone
Managing color schemes
To add new color schemes or edit existing schemes:
- My Schemes - From the Colors for Jira dropdown menu, select 'Manage My Colors'
- Global Schemes- Go to Administration | Manage Apps, and then under the Colors menu on the left-hand side, select Manage Colors. Administrative permissions are required to edit global schemes.
The color schemes editor is the same for user color schemes and global color schemes. You can create new color schemes or update existing ones.
Highlight Whole Row Mode
By default, Colors for Jira places a small colored tag around issue keys. You can also choose to highlight entire rows:
To change from one mode to the other, toggle the Highlight Whole Row option in the dropdown menu. The selected coloring mode applies to all Jira pages.
- Issue Navigator (List View, Detail View)
- Agile Board (Active Sprints, Backlog, Structure)
- ServiceDesk (Queues view, Structure)
- Structure (requires Structure for Jira)
- Dashboard Gadgets
- Assigned to me
- Filter result
- Issues in progress
- Voted issues
- Watched issues