Structure.Gantt 1.3 Release Notes
14th of November, 2018Structure.Gantt 1.3 introduces Sliced configurations, ability to specify several Link Types per Dependency and a new "Filter structure by Resource" action, as well as other improvements and bug fixes.
Structure.Gantt on Atlassian Marketplace
Try Structure.Gantt at Our Demo Server - No Installation or Sign-up Required
1. Version Highlights
- Slice-based configurations
- Ability to specify several Link Types per Dependency
- Filter structure by Resource action
- Other improvements and important bug fixes
2. Changes in Detail
2.1. Slice-based Configurations
It is now possible to define custom chart behaviors for different sets of issues. By creating separate "slices" for specific issue types (or issues that match a JQL query), you can change the appearance of specified issues, alter their behavior within the chart, or remove them from the chart completely.
Slices allow you to color-code issues based on their project, utilize a different set of resources for certain types of issues, define unique dependency configurations and more.
Documentation: Slice-based Configurations
2.2. Specify Multiple Link Types per Dependency
Structure.Gantt now allows you to visualize dependencies even if they are represented by multiple link types in Jira.
Using Gantt configuration, you can select which link types are supported for each type of dependency. When you create new dependencies in your chart, you can choose from the available link types – or you can configure favorite link types to streamline the process.
2.3. Filter by Resource
It is now possible to filter your structure and Gantt chart based on a specific resource, making it easier to plan work for a particular resource, resolve conflicts and address overloads.
To filter by a specific resource, simply highlight the resource's name in the Resources panel and click the Filter button.
Documentation: Working with Resources
2.4. Notable Fixes and Improvements
- Ability to copy existing configurations
- Zoom using the mouse wheel
- Resource maximum units can now be based on a Jira or Structure attribute
- Start Date can be manually adjusted by dragging the left side of a task bar (previously, this was only supported for Finish Date)
- Navigate directly from a Gantt gadget to the corresponding Gantt chart, with a new "Open" link
- Fixed a scheduling issue in which some tasks weren't scheduled and "Unexpected error" message appears
3. Supported Versions
Structure.Gantt 1.3 requires Structure 5.1 or above.
We support all editions of Jira (Jira Core, Jira Software, Jira Service Desk), versions 7.2 or later. Jira Data Center is supported too.
4. Installation and Upgrade
If you already have production data from a previous version of Structure.Gantt, please back up your database or Jira before upgrading.
Please review your Gantt configurations after upgrading to check that your settings are correct.
5. Known issues
Below are a few known issues and non-obvious cases.
- If a formula is selected as the source for resource assignment, any changes made to this formula after the resource list has been built will be ignored. For example, if your formula had a variable assigned to one field and you reassign that variable to another field after the resource list has already been built, the resource list will not be updated to reflect this change.
- The visibility of timeline bars depends on the permission settings of the structure owner (not just the current user). If a structure owner does not have permission to see an issue, they will not be able to see them on the Gantt chart.
- User icons from external sites (like Gravatar) will be replaced with uniform user icons during PDF/SVG export.
- Due to Adobe PDF limitations, maximum size of extracted Gantt chart can't exceed 200 inches (508 cm) by any side, and although most web browsers will open such PDFs without problem, Adobe Acrobat Reader will report an issue and crop the exported chart. We recommend using SVG export for huge charts instead.
- Quick filter functionality isn't working properly with the Filter by Resource action, so it is recommended that users avoid saving filters produced by this action.
6. Enterprise Deployment Notes
Structure.Gantt 1.3 introduces Slice-based Configurations, which allow users to divide their chart into groups of items (slices) and adjust configurations for those slices separately. Separating items into slices as well as performing separate data access for items of different slices may affect system performance. It is recommended to test slice-based configurations on staging servers before using them in production.