In the General tab you define the basic elements of your Gantt chart configuration.
- Name - We recommend giving your configuration a name that conveys its purpose or corresponds with the project you will be using it for.
- Description - Enter a brief description of the configuration, so you and your users know when best to use it.
- Chart Calendar - Select the calendar to be used for displaying the chart to users. We'll cover this more in-depth in the Calendars section.
- Year Start - Dates displayed in the timeline will use the selected month as the start of the fiscal year, with the year assigned based on the end of the fiscal year period. For example, if you select November and the calendar year is 2020, then October (end of the fiscal period) is treated as 2020, and November (start of the new fiscal period) will be treated as 2021. To always display the actual calendar date, leave this set to "January."
- Owner - Only the owner and Jira administrators can change the configuration. When there is no owner defined, anyone who has permissions to create new structures is allowed to edit the configuration.
- Sharing - Check this box to share your configuration with other users. They will be able to see the configuration and use it in their Gantt charts, but they will not be able to modify the configuration in any way.
- Appearance - Select the default look of your Gantt chart:
- Color Scheme - Select the standard color for items in your chart. You can use choose one of the 6 provided colors, or click CUSTOM to select a custom color.
- Fill color - Enter a custom color, either using the color picker or typing its Hex value.
- Progress color - Progress can be displayed as a dark or light color over the taskbar. If you select Auto, Structure.Gantt will pick the option that provides the most contrast to your color scheme.
If you share your configuration, and someone uses it in their Gantt chart, you may not be able to delete it. Additionally, shared configurations without a specified owner can be edited by anyone, which could result in changes to your chart. See Permissions for more details.