Structure.Gantt 1.0 Release Notes
29th of December, 2017ALM Works is happy to release Structure.Gantt 1.0, our first General Availability release.
Structure.Gantt on Atlassian Marketplace
Try Structure.Gantt at Our Demo Server - No Installation or Sign-up Required
Structure.Gantt is an extension to Structure, the Jira app used by more than 4,000 Atlassian customers worldwide to organize their issues in user-defined, multi-level hierarchies. Structure.Gantt enables you to display Jira project data in familiar Gantt charts so you can instantly visualize issue dependencies, timelines and understand resource allocation on a global scale. Designed to fit your current Jira configuration as is, Structure.Gantt is flexible, fast, and currently free for customers with a Structure license.
1. Version Highlights
- First ever Gantt Charts extension to Structure!
- Easy creation of new structures with Gantt chart with Gantt Chart wizard
- Timelines, dependencies, resource allocation and more
- Good performance on structures of up to 10,000 issues
2. Getting Started
To start using Structure.Gantt on your Jira, follow a 5-minute installation and setup instructions in Quick Start Guide.
3. Supported Versions
Structure.Gantt 1.0 requires Structure 4.5 or above.
Jira versions 7.2 or later supported. All editions of Jira (Jira Core, Jira Software, Jira Service Desk) are supported. Jira Data Center is supported.
4. Installation and Upgrade
If you already have production data from a previous version of Structure.Gantt, please backup your database or Jira before upgrading.
Please review your Gantt configuration after upgrading to check that your settings are correct. Also, be aware, there is the new Resolution Date scheduling option which is enabled by default.
5. Known issues
Below are a few known issues and non-obvious cases.
- If you are working with issues in multiple time zones, their alignment will be slightly off on the timeline. This may result in a small error in the calculation of the parent issue dates (if grouping is used) or may lead to an issue being excluded from the critical path, because this deviation adds a small gap between issues.
- If a formula is selected as the source for resource assignment, any changes made to this formula after the resource list has been built will be ignored. For example, if your formula had a variable assigned to one field and you reassign that variable to another field after the resource list has already been built, the resource list will not be updated to reflect this change.
- The visibility of timeline bars depends on the permission settings of the structure owner (not just the current user). If a structure owner does not have permission to see an issue they will not be able to see them on the Gantt chart.
- If you are migrating from the Structure.Gantt Beta release the tasks that are assigned to a resource with the capacity higher than 1 will now take longer. That's because we have introduced the Maximum Units parameter, which sets the maximum number of resource units that can be used for the task. This parameter is set to 1 by default.
- Default task duration default for newly created Gantt configurations is now 1 day (previously it was 1 hour).
6. Enterprise Deployment Notes
See Enterprise Deployment notes in the product documentation.