6th of August, 2020Structure.Gantt 2.5 includes Agile Backlog, ability to turn off notifications and configuration search
1. Version Highlights
- Agile Backlog
- Optional email notifications
- Configuration search
- Other fixes and improvements
2. Changes in Detail
2.1. Agile Backlog
When Sprint-based scheduling is used, Structure.Gantt now places issues that aren't assigned to sprints into the Backlog panel:
Issues can be dragged out of the Backlog panel and assigned to the desired sprint.
Documentation: Planning with Sprints
2.2. Optional Email Notifications
Jira notifications can now be switched off for changes made in the Gantt chart:
Documentation: Gantt Chart Settings
2.3. Configuration Search
It is now possible to search for a specific chart configuration by its name or description:
Documentation: 2021-12-08_16-30-23_Gantt Configuration
2.4. Notable Improvements and Fixes
- It is now possible to select multiple resources when filtering by resource.
- Chart header now shows week numbers
- Resources are automatically filtered based on filters applied to Structure
- Scheduling conflicts are now ignored for tasks assigned to the same sprint
- Fixed: Structure.Gantt gadget may not load if there are a lot of Gantt charts in the system
3. Supported Versions
Structure.Gantt 2.5 requires Structure 6.1 or above.
We support all editions of Jira (Jira Core, Jira Software, Jira Service Desk), versions 7.13 or later. Jira Data Center is also supported.
4. Installation and Upgrade
If you already have production data from a previous version of Structure.Gantt, please back up your database or Jira before upgrading.
Please review your Gantt configurations after upgrading to check that your settings are correct.
5. Known issues
Below are a few known issues and non-obvious cases.
- If a Structure column is selected as the source for the resource assignment formula, any changes made to this column after the resource list has been built will be ignored.
- User icons from external sites (like Gravatar) will be replaced with uniform user icons during PDF/SVG export.
- Quick filter functionality isn't working properly with the Filter by Resource action, so it is recommended that users avoid saving filters produced by this action.
6. Enterprise Deployment Notes
In terms of stability and performance, this release does not bring significant changes compared to version 2.4.0. There are no particular special areas of interest for load testing and stress testing Structure.Gantt 2.5. We advise running the same testing procedures as you've done for previous upgrades.