26th of November, 2021Structure.Gantt 3.1 adds custom task colors and drag-and-drop functionality for all types of dependencies
1. Version Highlights
- Custom task colors
- Drag-and-drop for all types of dependencies
- Other fixes and improvements
2. Changes in Detail
2.1. Custom task colors
Customize your chart to match your company identity, and create custom colors for each team/project/etc. – no matter how many you have. It is now possible to customize your default task color, and to add as many additional custom colors as you need using Slices.
2.2. Drag-and-drop support for more types of dependencies
Dependencies aren't one-size-fits all. Now you can quickly create the dependency you need with drag and drop:
- Finish to Start - Drag from the right side of one task to the left side of the other
- Finish to Finish - Drag from right side to right side
- Start to Finish - Drag from left side to right side
- Start to Start - Drag from left side to left side
2.3. Notable Improvements and Fixes
- The Gantt gadget configuration now supports JQL Autocomplete
- Fixed: users' avatars were not displayed correctly
3. Supported Versions
Structure.Gantt 3.1 requires Structure 7.1 or above.
We support all editions of Jira (Jira Core, Jira Software, Jira Service Management/Service Desk), versions 8.5 or later. Jira Data Center is also supported.
4. Installation and Upgrade
If you already have production data from a previous version of Structure.Gantt, please back up your database or Jira before upgrading.
Please review your Gantt configurations after upgrading to check that your settings are correct.
5. Known issues
Below are a few known issues and non-obvious cases.
- If a Structure column is selected as the source for the resource assignment formula, any changes made to this column after the resource list has been built will be ignored.
- User icons from external sites (like Gravatar) will be replaced with uniform user icons during PDF/SVG export.
- Quick filter functionality isn't working properly with the Filter by Resource action, so it is recommended that users avoid saving filters produced by this action.
- Sandbox mode: Tempo fields are not yet fully supported; it is possible to adjust them in Sandbox mode, but it is not possible to merge their values with the Original schedule.
- Sandbox mode: Moving tasks between sprints is supported within the same board only.
6. Enterprise Deployment Notes
Structure.Gantt 3.1 does not add any changes in terms of stability or performance compared to 3.0. There are no particular special areas of interest for load testing and stress testing. We advise running the same testing procedures as you've done for previous upgrades.