26th of March, 2020Structure.Gantt 2.3 introduces Structure 6.0 support and other improvements.
1. Version Highlights
- Support for Structure 6.0
- Other improvements and bug fixes
2. Changes in Detail
2.1. Support for Structure 6.0
Structure 6.0 introduced Effectors, a feature that makes it possible to write Structure attribute and formula values to Jira fields. It is now also possible to write Structure.Gantt values, including task Start and Finish dates, to Jira fields.
2.2. Notable Improvements and Fixes
- Structure.Gantt is now able to detect whether Structure is installed and compatible with Structure.Gantt
- Fixed: Resource Leveling was not able to resolve overallocation in certain situations when grouping was in use
3. Supported Versions
Structure.Gantt 2.3 requires Structure 6.0 or above.
We support all editions of Jira (Jira Core, Jira Software, Jira Service Desk), versions 7.13 or later. Jira Data Center is also supported.
4. Installation and Upgrade
If you already have production data from a previous version of Structure.Gantt, please back up your database or Jira before upgrading.
Please review your Gantt configurations after upgrading to check that your settings are correct.
5. Known issues
Below are a few known issues and non-obvious cases.
- If a Structure column is selected as the source for resource assignment formula, any changes made to this column after the resource list has been built will be ignored.
- User icons from external sites (like Gravatar) will be replaced with uniform user icons during PDF/SVG export.
- Quick filter functionality isn't working properly with the Filter by Resource action, so it is recommended that users avoid saving filters produced by this action.
6. Enterprise Deployment Notes
In terms of stability and performance, this release does not bring significant changes compared to version 2.2.1. There are no particular special areas of interest for load testing and stress testing Structure.Gantt 2.3. We advise running the same testing procedures as you've done for previous upgrades.