Structure.Gantt 3.2 Release Notes
14th of March, 2022Structure.Gantt 3.2 adds backup and restore, a new critical path visualization, and relevant sprints
Structure.Gantt on Atlassian Marketplace
Try Structure.Gantt at Our Demo Server - No Installation or Sign-up Required
1. Version Highlights
- Backup and restore
- New critical path visualization
- Relevant sprints selector
- Other fixes and improvements
2. Changes in Detail
2.1. Gantt backup/restore/migration
Back up and restore your Gantt charts along with structures. Now when you back up structures, you can include their Gantt charts as well. When those structures are restored, their corresponding charts are restored too.
Documentation: Backup and Restore
2.2. New critical path visualization
We’ve made it easier to identify tasks and dependencies that make up the critical path (tasks that, if delayed, will extend the project’s end date):
- Tasks in the critical path now have a red highlight around them
- Dependency links in the critical path are red
2.3. Relevant sprints
To make it easier and faster to assign sprints from the Task Details panel, it's now possible to just list sprints from the current project.
Documentation: Reassigning Sprints with Structure.Gantt
2.4. Notable Improvements and Fixes
- Kotlin version updated to fix known security issues.
3. Supported Versions
Structure.Gantt 3.2 requires Structure 7.4 or above.
We support all editions of Jira (Jira Core, Jira Software, Jira Service Management/Service Desk), versions 8.13 or later. Jira Data Center is also supported.
Structure.Gantt 3.2 may work with Structure 7.1-7.3 and Jira 8.5-8.12 with the following limitations:
- Gantt backup and restore are only available in Structure 7.4 or later
- Relevant sprints are only available in Jira 8.11 or later
4. Installation and Upgrade
If you already have production data from a previous version of Structure.Gantt, please back up your database or Jira before upgrading.
Please review your Gantt configurations after upgrading to check that your settings are correct.
5. Known issues
Below are a few known issues and non-obvious cases.
- If a Structure column is selected as the source for the resource assignment formula, any changes made to this column after the resource list has been built will be ignored.
- User icons from external sites (like Gravatar) will be replaced with uniform user icons during PDF/SVG export.
- Quick filter functionality isn't working properly with the Filter by Resource action, so it is recommended that users avoid saving filters produced by this action.
- Sandbox mode: Tempo fields are not yet fully supported; it is possible to adjust them in Sandbox mode, but it is not possible to merge their values with the Original schedule.
- Sandbox mode: Moving tasks between sprints is supported within the same board only.
- Gantt migration/partial restore doesn't restore the sandbox history.
6. Enterprise Deployment Notes
Structure.Gantt 3.2 does not add any changes in terms of stability or performance compared to 3.1. There are no particular special areas of interest for load testing and stress testing. We advise running the same testing procedures as you've done for previous upgrades.