To add the Structure.Gantt gadget to a confluence page, open the Confluence page you wish to insert the Structure.Gantt gadget into. Click the Plus button in the toolbar and select Other macros.
In the Select macro window, type "Gantt" in the search field and click Structure.Gantt Gadget in the search results.
If the Structure.Gantt Gadget does not appear in the search results, your system administrator may need to configure Confluence for the Structure.Gantt gadget.
Before you can add the Structure.Gantt gadget to your Confluence page, you need to configure it.
On the left side of the Insert Gantt Macro screen:
- Specify the gadget width (enter "100%" to make the gadget occupy the entire page width)
- Select whether or not to include a border around the gadget (We recommend unchecking the border setting, since there is already a border within the Structure.Gantt gadget.)
On the right side of the screen, set your desired configurations for the gadget:
- Structure - Defines the structure to load Gantt data for. Please note, only structures with Gantt charts already created are listed.
- Filter Type - Allows you to filter the items included in the chart based on a text, JQL or S-JQL query.
- Visible Rows - Defines how many rows of your structure will be visible in the chart at a time. (To see additional rows, you can hold Shift+Left Mouse Button and drag the chart.) Set this value to "0" to display all available rows. Please note, the gadget height may increase significantly if there are a lot of rows.
- Hierarchy Level - Defines how many levels to expand the structure and display in your chart. "0" means no expansion at all. Please note, it is not possible to manually expand and collapse structure nodes within the gadget.
- Start From - Specifies the first date that will be visible on the chart. You can choose from Project Start, Custom Date and Today. If you select Today, the chart will be drawn starting from today, or you can specify a number of days to show prior to today.
- Zoom Level - Specifies the zoom that will be used to represent the chart. Available options are: Days, Weeks, Months, Quarters, Years.
- Baseline - Specifies whether or not to include a Baseline in the gadget.
- Item Information and Chart Details - These allow you to choose which details will be shown on your exported chart. These are similar to the display options available for your actual chart under the Display Options menu (see Gantt Chart Elements).
- WBS - Specifies whether the work breakdown structure should be included next to the chart in the gadget. Please note, Issue Key and Summary are the only columns supported by the Structure.Gantt gadget at the time.
- Width - If WBS is enabled, this allow you to specify the width (in pixels) of the included structure.
- Refresh Interval - Specifies how often the gadget should refresh itself and fetch new data from Jira. By default, this is set to "never", i.e. to update the chart data you need to manually refresh the gadget from the gadget menu or by refreshing the page itself.
Depending on your Jira and Confluence configuration, before you can configure the Structure.Gantt gadget, you may be asked to log into your Jira account and approve gadget data access.
Editing Configuration for an Existing Gadget
To change the configuration for existing gadget, click the Gear icon in the bottom-right corner of the gadget preview and select Edit.