11th of November, 2019Structure.Gantt 2.1 introduces Auto-scheduled Fixed Duration tasks and other improvements and bug fixes.
1. Version Highlights
- Auto-scheduled Fixed Duration tasks
- Indicators for hidden tasks
- Other improvements and bug fixes
2. Changes in Detail
2.1. Auto-scheduled Fixed Duration tasks
In addition to Agile tasks and tasks with both Manual Start and Manual Finish dates defined, it is now possible to specify duration separate of work for auto-scheduled tasks, as well as tasks that have either a Manual Start or Manual Finish date set.
Documentation: Fixed Duration
2.2. Indicators for hidden tasks
A special indicator will now be displayed when a task is not visible on the chart due to insufficient permissions or the Gantt configuration, along with an explanation for why the item is hidden.
Documentation: Task Indicators
2.3. Notable Improvements and Fixes
- It is now possible to override Leveling Priority separately from Maximum Units in a Slice
- It is now possible to edit Leveling Delays of individual tasks via the Task Details Panel
- An option to clear existing leveling delays before running leveling was introduced
- Run Leveling and Reset Leveling dialogs were united into a single dialog
- Resource Leveling dialog options are now maintained between runs
- Default value for Leveling Priority for newly created configs is 500 (instead of 0)
- Fixed: Resources disappeared when Tempo Teams were used as Resources
- Fixed: Legacy mode for Time tracking is now properly supported by Structure.Gantt
3. Supported Versions
Structure.Gantt 2.1 requires Structure 5.6 or above.
We support all editions of Jira (Jira Core, Jira Software, Jira Service Desk), versions 7.6 or later. Jira Data Center is supported too.
4. Installation and Upgrade
If you already have production data from a previous version of Structure.Gantt, please back up your database or Jira before upgrading.
Please review your Gantt configurations after upgrading to check that your settings are correct.
5. Known issues
Below are a few known issues and non-obvious cases.
- If a Structure column is selected as the source for resource assignment formula, any changes made to this column after the resource list has been built will be ignored.
- User icons from external sites (like Gravatar) will be replaced with uniform user icons during PDF/SVG export.
- Quick filter functionality isn't working properly with the Filter by Resource action, so it is recommended that users avoid saving filters produced by this action.
6. Enterprise Deployment Notes
In terms of stability and performance, this release does not bring significant changes compared to version 2.0. There are no particular special areas of interest for load testing and stress testing Structure.Gantt 2.1. We advise running the same testing procedures as you've done for previous upgrades.