Structure.Gantt 3.3 Release Notes
25th of May, 2022Structure.Gantt 3.3 adds baseline start and finish attributes in Structure, and a new baseline visualization
Structure.Gantt on Atlassian Marketplace
Try Structure.Gantt at Our Demo Server - No Installation or Sign-up Required
1. Version Highlights
- Baseline start and finish attributes in Structure
- New baseline visualization
- Other fixes and improvements
2. Changes in Detail
2.1. Baseline Start and Finish Date Attributes in Structure
You can now use baseline start and finish dates in formulas, columns, and transformations. This makes it possible to view those dates in Structure and create formulas to compare those dates with the current task, or even sandboxed versions.
Documentation: Gantt Attributes in Structure
2.2. New Baseline Visualization
We’ve made it easier to distinguish a task from its baseline by adding more contrast to baselines.
3. Supported Versions
Structure.Gantt 3.3 requires Structure 7.4 or above.
We support all editions of Jira (Jira Core, Jira Software, Jira Service Management/Service Desk), versions 8.13 or later. Jira Data Center is also supported.
4. Installation and Upgrade
If you already have production data from a previous version of Structure.Gantt, please back up your database or Jira before upgrading.
Please review your Gantt configurations after upgrading to check that your settings are correct.
5. Known issues
Below are a few known issues and non-obvious cases.
- If a Structure column is selected as the source for the resource assignment formula, any changes made to this column after the resource list has been built will be ignored.
- User icons from external sites (like Gravatar) will be replaced with uniform user icons during PDF/SVG export.
- Quick filter functionality isn't working properly with the Filter by Resource action, so it is recommended that users avoid saving filters produced by this action.
- Sandbox mode: Tempo fields are not yet fully supported; it is possible to adjust them in Sandbox mode, but it is not possible to merge their values with the Original schedule.
- Sandbox mode: Moving tasks between sprints is supported within the same board only.
- Gantt migration/partial restore doesn't restore the sandbox history.
- After Structure was disabled and then enabled again, Gantt layout doesn't appear and work calendars, resource leveling and licence pages show errors. To make it work, disable and enable Structure.Gantt, too.
6. Enterprise Deployment Notes
Structure.Gantt 3.3 does not add any changes in terms of stability or performance compared to 3.2. There are no particular special areas of interest for load testing and stress testing. We advise running the same testing procedures as you've done for previous upgrades.