Gantt Chart Settings allow you to select how and which items are displayed within your Gantt chart. You can adjust your settings at any time by clicking the Gantt Chart Settings iconin the Gantt toolbar.
The Project Start Day is used as the starting point for automatic scheduling within your chart.
The Gantt Chart Configuration determines how items operate within your chart. This is where you set how scheduling, dependencies, and resources should work.
- If you are new to Structure.Gantt, we recommend starting with the Default configuration and modifying as necessary later.
- To make changes to an existing configuration, locate the configuration within the drop-down menu and click Edit.
- To build a new configuration, click Manage configurations.
To learn more about creating custom chart configurations, see Gantt Configuration.
Structure.Gantt can also place markers at the top of your timeline to show Fix Versions.
To enable this feature, simply enter the projects you want to show fix versions from.
In the event that the same version with the same release date is defined for multiple selected projects, those will be merged into one single Fix Version.
Structure.Gantt is able to visualize past, current and future sprints.
The dates for past and active sprints are always taken from their values in Jira. For future sprints, you have two options:
- By default, future sprint dates are based on the values in Jira.
- If you prefer to set your own dates and timelines for future sprints, select the "Use custom dates for future sprints, instead of Jira dates" checkbox:
You can customize future sprints based on:
- Sprint start day - the day of the week future sprints should start
- Duration - how long sprints lasts, in weeks
Future Sprint Scheduling - Custom Configurations
The first future sprint is scheduled for the Sprint start day immediately following the end of the active sprint. If the active sprint ends on the same day of the week as the Sprint start day, Structure.Gantt will visualize the active sprint ending on the previous day.
Future sprints are scheduled for the specified duration, and each additional future sprint begins immediately following the previous.
Custom Sprint Schedules
You can also create custom schedules for sprints from specific boards. To add a custom schedule, click the Add sprints configuration link.
In the example above, any sprints from the SCRUM board will have a 3 week duration. All other sprints will use the default configuration (2 weeks).
If you have copied boards, make sure to assign all copies to the same custom configuration. See Same Sprint on Multiple Boards for more details.
By default, Structure.Gantt will notify users of changes made within the chart based on your Jira and project notification settings. If you would rather notifications not be sent when issue changes are made within the chart, uncheck the Send notifications for issue changes made within Gantt chart box.