23th of January, 2020Structure.Gantt 2.2 introduces Dependency Lead/Lag time and other improvements and bug fixes.
1. Version Highlights
- Dependency Lead/Lag time
- Change Dependency Type
- Other improvements and bug fixes
2. Changes in Detail
2.1. Dependency Lead/Lag Time
It is now possible to specify lead or lag time for dependencies.
Dependency Lead/Lag times can be applied to individual issues, tailored for specific types of issues using Slices, or set globally through the Gantt configuration.
Documentation: Dependency Lead/Lag Time
2.2. Change Dependency Type
It is now possible to change individual Dependency types from the Dependency Details panel.
Documentation: Working with Dependencies
2.3. Notable Improvements and Fixes
- Jira default units are now used for unitless numbers entered in duration fields, including Fixed Duration or Lead/Lag time
- The size of the Structure.Gantt client bundle has been reduced
3. Supported Versions
Structure.Gantt 2.2 requires Structure 5.6 or above.
We support all editions of Jira (Jira Core, Jira Software, Jira Service Desk), versions 7.6 or later. Jira Data Center is also supported.
4. Installation and Upgrade
If you already have production data from a previous version of Structure.Gantt, please back up your database or Jira before upgrading.
Please review your Gantt configurations after upgrading to check that your settings are correct.
5. Known issues
Below are a few known issues and non-obvious cases.
- If a Structure column is selected as the source for resource assignment formula, any changes made to this column after the resource list has been built will be ignored.
- User icons from external sites (like Gravatar) will be replaced with uniform user icons during PDF/SVG export.
- Quick filter functionality isn't working properly with the Filter by Resource action, so it is recommended that users avoid saving filters produced by this action.
6. Enterprise Deployment Notes
In terms of stability and performance, this release does not bring significant changes compared to version 2.1.1. There are no particular special areas of interest for load testing and stress testing Structure.Gantt 2.2. We advise running the same testing procedures as you've done for previous upgrades.