05th of November, 2020Structure.Gantt 2.6 includes draggable Project Start Date and improved Task Details Panel
1. Version Highlights
- Draggable Project Start Date
- Refreshed Task Details Panel
- Other fixes and improvements
2. Changes in Detail
2.1. Draggable Project Start Date
It is now possible to quickly reschedule Project Start by simply dragging the Project Start Day marker, or clicking the marker to enter a new date.
Documentation: Project Start Day
2.2. Refreshed Task Details Panel
Structure.Gantt 2.6 adds several improvements to Task Details panel:
- It is now possible to edit Manual Start, Manual Finish and Milestone dates within the TDP
- Fields having no effect on task position or duration are now marked with special icons and can be hidden
- When a value used by Structure.Gantt is different from it's corresponding Jira value, Structure.Gantt will show both values separately
Documentation: Task Details Panel
2.3. Notable Improvements and Fixes
- Structure.Gantt now respects Time Tracking estimate formatting options
- Fixed: This release reduces memory consumption for large WBS's with a lot of duplicates
3. Supported Versions
Structure.Gantt 2.6 requires Structure 6.1 or above.
We support all editions of Jira (Jira Core, Jira Software, Jira Service Desk), versions 7.13 or later. Jira Data Center is also supported.
4. Installation and Upgrade
If you already have production data from a previous version of Structure.Gantt, please back up your database or Jira before upgrading.
Please review your Gantt configurations after upgrading to check that your settings are correct.
5. Known issues
Below are a few known issues and non-obvious cases.
- If a Structure column is selected as the source for the resource assignment formula, any changes made to this column after the resource list has been built will be ignored.
- User icons from external sites (like Gravatar) will be replaced with uniform user icons during PDF/SVG export.
- Quick filter functionality isn't working properly with the Filter by Resource action, so it is recommended that users avoid saving filters produced by this action.
6. Enterprise Deployment Notes
In Structure.Gantt 2.6 we have reduced memory consumption for charts with a lot of duplicate issues in the WBS. There are no other significant changes in terms of stability or performance. There are no particular special areas of interest for load testing and stress testing. We advise running the same testing procedures as you've done for previous upgrades.