21st of November, 2022Structure.Gantt 3.5 introduces migration to cloud, custom chart markers, and a refined Slices interface.
1. Version Highlights
- Migration to cloud
- Custom chart markers
- Refined Slices
- Other fixes and improvements
2. Changes in Detail
2.1. Migration to Cloud
Server/DC users who migrate their structures to cloud can now migrate their corresponding Gantt charts too.
Documentation: Migrate to Cloud
2.2. Custom chart markers
Track important events or milestones on a chart by placing custom markers on the timeline. Custom markers can be created by double-clicking the Gantt timeline or adding them on the Chart Settings screen.
Documentation: Gantt Chart Settings
2.3. Refined Slices
Fine-tuning your chart behavior just became easier. We've redesigned the Slices experience to make it easier to track, manage, and apply slice-based configurations to a chart.
Documentation: Slice-based Configurations
2.4. Notable Improvements and Fixes
- Shades of grey have been added to the black and white color scheme in the chart export
- If a project is not available to user, fix version markers are not shown
- Better performance for Agile Gantt charts
3. Supported Versions
Structure.Gantt 3.5 requires Structure 7.4 or above.
We support all editions of Jira (Jira Core, Jira Software, Jira Service Management/Service Desk), versions 8.13 or later. Jira Data Center is also supported.
4. Installation and Upgrade
If you already have production data from a previous version of Structure.Gantt, please back up your database or Jira before upgrading.
Please review your Gantt configurations after upgrading to check that your settings are correct.
5. Known issues
Below are a few known issues and non-obvious cases.
- If a Structure column is selected as the source for the resource assignment formula, any changes made to this column after the resource list has been built will be ignored.
- User icons from external sites (like Gravatar) will be replaced with uniform user icons during PDF/SVG export.
- Quick filter functionality isn't working properly with the Filter by Resource action, so it is recommended that users avoid saving filters produced by this action.
- Sandbox mode: Tempo fields are not yet fully supported; it is possible to adjust them in Sandbox mode, but it is not possible to merge their values with the Original schedule.
- Sandbox mode: Moving tasks between sprints is supported within the same board only.
- Gantt migration/partial restore doesn't restore the sandbox history.
- During migration to cloud attributes, dependencies, and baselines for generated "Not an issue" folders are not migrated.
6. Enterprise Deployment Notes
Structure.Gantt 3.5 does not add any changes in terms of stability or performance compared to 3.4. There are no particular special areas of interest for load testing and stress testing. We advise running the same testing procedures as you've done for previous upgrades.