In this roadmap, we'd like to share some features the Structure.Gantt team is going to work on in the near to mid term. The scope of this roadmap is 6 months to 1 year.
A few notes and disclaimers about the roadmap:
- We only list new, important functionality– we are also going to work on other stuff, such as improving existing features, improving quality, improving user interface and adding minor features.
- This document lists only upcoming features in Structure.Gantt. We're also working on Structure for Jira and other Structure extensions, which have their own roadmaps.
- The roadmap is subject to change. We will update it periodically so it reflects our current vision.
It is our general approach at Structure to focus on the quality of the product. Sometimes this means delivering a product later or changing plans and priorities, as unexpected dependencies and challenges appear. Therefore, while we try to adhere to the announced roadmap, by no means should it be considered an obligation from the Structure team, and it should not be relied upon when making purchasing decisions.
Versions and Dates
We generally aim to release a minor version of Structure.Gantt every 1-2 months and a major version every year. The following is an approximate release schedule for the scope of this roadmap.
Here's the list of major features that we're recently released:
- Sandbox Mode – ability to play with "what-if" scenarios, without affecting the data seen by other users ( Structure.Gantt 3.0)
- Baseline Start & Finish as Structure attributes — ability to add Baseline data as Structure columns ( Structure.Gantt 3.3)
- Future sprints with dates— the dates for future sprints can now be taken from Jira ( Structure.Gantt 3.4)
- Custom chart markers — ability to add the user markers on the timeline ( Structure.Gantt 3.5)
Planned for later:
- Planning tasks — ability to create lightweight Gantt tasks that don't appear in Jira
- UX and UI improvements — always visible markers, customizable timelines, bigger bars, different color schemes, and more
- Bulk edit — Move group of tasks on the chart