If you have the Advanced Roadmaps for Jira (formerly Portfolio of Jira) add-on installed, the Child Issues (Advanced Roadmaps) Extender allows you to pull in child issues using the add-on's Parent Link field.
Configuring the Generator
Each Child Issues (Advanced Roadmaps) Extender can be customized to create exactly the hierarchy you need.
When a generator runs, it runs as the structure owner. This is important because the generator will have access to the same projects, issues, etc. as the user listed here – if they don’t have permission to view an issue, it won’t be added to the structure.
Allows you to specify which levels in the hierarchy the extender should be applied to:
- Levels are based on the placement of the generator, where "Level 1" is the level the generator is located on, "Level 2" is the level beneath that, and so on.
- Child issues will only be added for parent issues within the selected range.
Place the generator on
You have three options:
- Current level - The generator will be placed on the currently-selected level.
- Level below - The generator will be placed on the level below the currently-selected item.
- Top level - The generator will be placed at the top of the structure.
See Generator Scope to learn more.