If your mind mapping tool has an export to a text file option with a tab-indented format, you can import it into Structure to be used as a test in Structure.Testy. Below, we show you how to do this using MindMup, but the same steps can be used for many other mind mapping tools.
Importing a Test from MindMup
- Create your map in MindMup
- Export it to a text file via File | Download as | Outline
- Under Format, choose Tab-indented text. Click Export and download the file.
- Install the Structure Text Import plugin on your Jira instance via Administration | Manage apps (note, it is unsupported): structure-text-import-0.2.jar (for Structure 3.0 - 5.0), structure-text-import-0.3.jar (for Structure 5.0+)
- Go to the Structure menu and select Import Text
- Your text will be pasted as issues into a structure, so you will need to define several parameters:
- Structure - select the structure you want to add the new issues to (Note: if you want to add them to a new structure, create it before importing the text file.)
- Project - select the project the new issues should be added to
- Issue Type - select the issue type that should be used for the new issues
- Check the "Use folders for parent items" checkbox if you want to create parent items as folders
- Paste the data from the file downloaded in step 3 into the Imported Text field
7. The new test structure will be created once you click Import