Turning Off Optional Features
Some features in Structure are designed as modules and can be safely turned off. This can be done to remove unnecessary functionality or limit the exposure to Structure for specific users.
If your aim is to limit the exposure to Structure, consider restricting permissions to specific groups of users - see Structure Best Practices.
While it is easy to disable many Structure modules, we don't recommend touching any modules except those listed in this article to ensure stability of Structure and your Jira application.
To turn off a module:
- Open the Add-on Manager by navigating to Administration | Add-ons | Manage Add-ons.
- Locate the Structure add-on and expand its row.
- Click the link that looks like the following: "309 of 310 modules enabled." (Numbers may vary.)
- Use the Search feature of your browser to find the module by its name (provided below.)
- Click the Disable button to the right of the module name.
You can always turn the feature on later by clicking the Enable button.
Effect of disabling this module
The Activity Streams provider and Structure-related updates are removed from the following places:
The Structure section is removed from the issue page.
The Structure tab is removed from the issue details panel on the Agile board.