15th of December 2022Structure 8.2 introduces Filter by Field and the ability to save and share formulas
Try It: Structure Sandbox Server (no installation required)
1. Version Highlights
- New filter: Filter by field
- Save and share formulas
- Manage Structure page improvements: Last opening date and new UI for configuration (note: last opening date will be empty for old structures)
2. Changes in Detail
2.1. Filter by Field
Filter by field is the easiest way to apply a simple filter to the structure, based on the values in a Jira field.
Filter by Field is available as a Transformation or Generator.
2.2. Save and Share Formulas
It's now possible to save your formula columns to reuse in another structure, share with others, and even use in generators! If you have a great formula you want to use again and again, save it to your personal Saved Columns list, or add it to the Global list to share with your entire time.
2.3. Additional Improvements
- Support for displaying name in the user() function
- Effectors now support cascading fields: not just "parent", but sub-levels, too
- Calendar option has been added to the Time in Status attribute (so it can be easily used in all formulas)
- Welcome screen: the new "[" hotkey opens and closes the admin tips toolbar (help section)
- Notification if you exceed the limit of an Insert generator and there are additional results
- Structure Gadget: it's now possible to edit text fields(multiline) and fields provided by the Custom Fields ++ App
- Security fixes
- Fixed: Effector failed to choose the option in a target field with Select List type
- Fixed: Notes were not copied for memos and folders when copying a structure
3. Supported Versions
Structure 8.2 and all its extensions support Jira versions 8.13 or later. This is the last version with Jira 8.13 support. This release is for customers using Jira Server or Data Center (Jira Core, Jira Software, or Jira Service Management/Service Desk).
Cloud customers can learn more about our products on the “Cloud” tab of our marketplace listing.
4. Installation and Upgrade
Pick a Time
We strongly recommend that you install and upgrade your apps during off-peak hours or scheduled maintenance windows. There are known issues in the Jira app infrastructure that may cause performance degradation and impede app installation when your Jira instance is under heavy load.
4.1. Installing Structure
If your Jira server does not have Structure yet, the installation is simple:
- Download and install Structure app, either from the Atlassian Marketplace or our Download page.
- When Add-on Manager reports the successful installation, click Get Started to visit a page with important guidance for the Jira administrator. You may want to also check out the user's Get Started page, available under the "Structure" top-level menu.
jira-application.logfor log messages from Structure.
4.2. Upgrading Structure
The upgrade procedure from versions 3.0–8.1 is simple:
- Consider backing up Jira data. Use Administration | System | Backup System. (If you have a large instance and a proper backup strategy in place, you may skip this step.)
- Back up Structure data. Use Administration | Structure | Backup Structure menu item. If you have a lot of structures and a large Jira, consider turning off the "Backup History" option to avoid a long backup process.
Install the new version of the app.
jira-application.logfor warnings or errors.
5. Enterprise Deployment Notes
There are no special tests needed, so we suggest the usual testing procedures you’ve done for previous upgrades. Note, there is no Saved Columns functionality in Cloud, so columns created after the update will not migrate correctly at this time.