The Agile Hierarchy preset allows you tovisualize any project (or multiple projects) in a traditional Agile hierarchy (Epics > Stories/Tasks > Sub-tasks).
The Agile Hierarchy preset works for both Company-managed and Team-managed projects, and it allows you to combine both types of projects into a single structure.
Build a New Structure Using the Agile Hierarchy Preset
To build a new structure using the Agile Hierarchy preset, open the Add menu, select Preset, and choose Agile Hierarchy.
You can select which boards or projects you want to include in your hierarchy.
When a generator runs, it runs as the structure owner. This is important because the generator will have access to the same projects, issues, etc. as the user listed here – if they don’t have permission to view an issue, it won’t be added to the structure.
Choose whether you want to pull the epics from boards or projects. Then add the boards or projects you want to include.
Place the generator on
Select where the generators should be placed within the structure hierarchy. This will determine the location of your Agile hierarchy, as all your epics will be placed on the same level as the generators, and stories/tasks and sub-tasks will be placed beneath those accordingly.
You have three options:
- Current level - The generators will be placed on the currently-selected level.
- Level below - The generators will be placed on the level below the currently-selected item.
- Top level - The generators will be placed at the top of the structure.
Once you click Create, Structure will add a series of generators to:
- Add the epics from the selected boards/projects (JQL Insert or Agile Board Insert)
- Add stories or tasks under each epic (Issues Under Epics Extender and Team-managed Project Hierarchy Extender)
- Add sub-tasks beneath the stories and tasks (Sub-task Extender and Team-managed Project Hierarchy Extender)
Adding the Agile Hierarchy Preset to an Existing Structure
The Agile Hierarchy preset can also be added to existing structures. In this case, in addition to creating an Agile hierarchy for all epics in the selected projects/boards, it will also extend existing epics, stories and tasks in the structure, provided they are in its scope (see Generator Scope for details).
It will not add epics to stories already in the structure or add stories to sub-tasks already in the structure.