If you have the Advanced Roadmaps for Jira (formerly Portfolio for Jira) add-on installed, the Child Issues (Advanced Roadmaps) Extender allows you to pull in child issues using Advanced Roadmaps' Parent Link field.
Configuring the Generator
Each Child Issues (Advanced Roadmaps) Extender can be customized to create exactly the hierarchy you need.
When a generator runs, it runs as the structure owner. This is important because the generator will have access to the same projects, issues, etc. as the user listed here – if they don’t have permission to view an issue, it won’t be added to the structure.
Allows you to specify which levels in the hierarchy the extender should be applied to:
- Levels are based on the placement of the generator, where "Level 1" is the level the generator is located on, "Level 2" is the level beneath that, and so on.
- Child issues will only be added for parent issues within the selected range.
Place the generator on
You have three options:
- Current level - The generator will be placed on the currently-selected level.
- Level below - The generator will be placed on the level below the currently-selected item.
- Top level - The generator will be placed at the top of the structure.
See Generator Scope to learn more.