When you export a structure to Excel, the time tracking information is shown in hours format, rather than Jira's duration format (e.g., 1w 3d 5h 20m).
To convert this data back to the Jira Duration format, use the Excel Macro and instructions below.
Only Excel 2010+ is supported. It is possible that the macro will work with the 2007 version, but we can't guarantee it.
How to Install
- Download the attached Macro: FormatTimetrackingData.xlam.
- In Excel, open File | Options | Add-Ins.
- Select Manage | Excel Add-Ins and click Go.
In the dialog, click the 'Browse' button and select the downloaded
- Make sure the checkbox is selected for the 'FormatTimetrackingData' option and click OK.
- In Excel, go to File | Options | Customize Ribbon.
- On the right, select the tab where the button for running the macro will go (e.g., View). Select the desired tab.
- Click New Group to add a custom group in the selected tab.
- Select the added group and click Rename. Select an icon and a name for it and click OK. A button for using the macro will be created.
- Go to Choose commands from | Macros, select FormatTrackingData, click Add and OK.
How to Use
- Select the data to convert.
- Click the created button on the ribbon.
The selected cells will be converted to a string in the Jira duration format, such as "1w 3d 5h 20m".