Progress Based on Resolution Only
When Issue Progress is based on Resolution Only within a Progress column, the progress is calculated based on the issue’s Resolution field and the progress of its sub-issues.
Calculating Progress for Issue Without Sub-Issues
If the issue does not have sub-issues:
- If the issue's Resolution field is not empty, the progress is 100%.
- Otherwise, the progress is 0%.
Calculating Progress for Issue with Sub-Issues
If the issue does have sub-issues:
- If the issue's Resolution field is not empty, the progress is 100% - regardless of the sub-issues' progress.
- Otherwise, the issue's progress is the weighted average of its sub-issues.
Resolution Only with Story Points
When Issue Progress is based on Resolution Only and the Weight is determined by Story Points:
- Individual progress is 0% or 100% based on Resolution field
- Total progress is calculated as a weighted average, with weights contained in the Story Points field
This issue is resolved (indicated by the green mark) - so it is complete.
It has two sub-issues with 0% and 100% progress, and story points are 2 and 3 respectively. So the total progress is the weighted average value of (0 x 2 + 100 x 3) / (2 + 3).
It has two sub-issues: Sub-issue 1 (60% done) and Sub-issue 2 (0% done), and their cumulative story points are (2 + 3) and 1, respectively. So the progress is (60 x 5 + 0 x 1) / (5 + 1).