Progress Based on Status
When Issue Progress is based on Status within a Progress column, the progress is determined by the issue's Status field. Custom percentage values can be assigned to each status.
Calculating Progress for Issue Without Sub-Issues
If the issue does not have sub-issues:
- If the issue's Resolution field is not empty, and Apply Resolution is turned on, the progress is 100%.
- If the issue's Status is assigned a value (%) in the column configuration, the progress is equal to that value.
- Otherwise, the progress is undefined. The issue neither shows any progress, nor affects the progress of its parent issue.
Calculating Progress for Issue with Sub-Issues
If the issue does have sub-issues:
- If the issue's Resolution field is not empty, and Apply Resolution is turned on, the progress is 100% - regardless of the sub-issues' progress.
Otherwise, the issue's progress is the weighted average of its sub-issues.
- If the issue has both its own status and sub-issues with progress, and if Ignore Parent Issue Progress is turned off, the issue's own progress value is counted as if was the progress of another sub-issue.
If some of the statuses do not have any percentage configured, the issue progress is considered undefined.
Progress Based on Status, All Sub-Issues Are Equal
In this example, statuses have the following percentages: Open = 0%, In Progress = 50%, Resolved or Closed = 100%, Reopened = 80%. Apply Resolution is turned on, and Ignore Parent Issue Progress is turned on.
This issue is Open, so the progress is 0%.
This issue is In Progress, so progress is 50%.
This issue is Resolved, so progress is 100%. Also, according to the workflow, it has a non-empty Resolution, which also means it's complete.
This issue is Closed, so progress is 100%. Also, according to workflow, it has a non-empty Resolution, which also means it's complete.
The average progress of its sub-issues is (0+50+100+100)/4. The issue's own status is In Progress, but it's percentage is ignored because of the "Ignore parent issue progress in aggregation" option.
This issue is Reopened, so progress is 80%.
This issue is Open, so progress is 0%.
The average progress of its sub-issues is (80+0)/2 = 40%. But the issue itself has a Resolution and the "Issues with Resolution are 100% done" option is turned on, so this overrides the sub-issues' progress and makes the issue complete.
It has two sub-issues: Sub-issue 1 is 63% done and Sub-issue 2 is 100% done. Average progress is (63+100)/2.