With Structure, you can track all the issues for upcoming releases – even if they're from different projects – and visualize all the data you need to track on a single screen.
Step 1: Build a Release Management Structure
To create a structure for release management:
- Open the Structure Selector menu and select Create New Structure
- Add the issues you want to track – you can add them manually or automatically using +Add | Insert | Basic Insert
- Group issues by fix version: +Add | Group | Field | select "Fix Version/s"
Want to include epics and stories?
When inserting issues, add epics: +Add | Insert | Basic Insert | open the Issue Types dropdown and select Epic
Add your stories:
If you are working with a Team-managed project: +Add | Extend | Team-Managed Project Hierarchy
- If you are working with a Company-managed project: +Add | Extend | Issues under Epics
Step 2: Add Data
- Jira fields, such as status, assignee, sprint, or remaining estimate
- Progress - track status based on issue progress, percent completion, or resolution
- Formulas - create your own formulas to compare fields or create a visual report
Tempo Work Logged - track how long your team is spending on each issue
Once you've added your columns, you can aggregate the data up the structure. To do so, open the column you want to aggregate and select Sum over sub-items.