SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) with Structure
Everyone uses the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) a bit differently, but Structure is highly customizable and easy to tailor to your specific SAFe needs.
Step 1: Build a SAFe Structure
To create a structure for SAFe:
- Open the Structure Selector menu and select Create New Structure
- Add initiatives: +Add | Insert | JQL Query | enter the appropriate JQL, such as
"Project = 'project name' AND issuetype = initiative"
- Add epics below initiatives: +Add | Extend | Linked Items | choose the type and direction used to assign Epics to Initiatives, such as "Implements" or "Parent (Advanced Roadmaps)"
- Add issues belonging to epics: +Add | Extend | Issues under Epics
- Add sub-tasks: +Add | Extend | Sub-tasks
- Sort by rank: +Add | Sort | Field | select "Rank"
If you use a custom field for planning, such as Planning Increments, you can group issues by this field as well: +Add | Group | select the custom field
Step 2: Add Data
- Jira fields, such as status, assignee, sprint, or remaining estimate
- Progress - track status based on issue progress, percent completion, or resolution
- Formulas - create your own formulas to compare fields or create a visual report
Tempo Work Logged - track how long your team is spending on each issue
Once you've added your columns, you can aggregate the data up the structure. To do so, open the column you want to aggregate and select Sum over sub-items.