With Structure, you can track all the issues for upcoming sprints – even if they're from different projects – and visualize all the data you need to track on a single screen. You can even aggregate that data for each sprint.
Step 1: Build a Sprint Planning Structure
To create a new structure:
- Open the Structure Selector menu and select Create New Structure
- Add issues: +Add | Insert | Basic Insert
- Group issues by fix version: +Add | Group | Field | select "Sprints"
Step 2: Add Data
Next, add the data you'll use to compare issue priority:
- Click the + button at the top-right corner of the structure
- Select the fields or attributes you want to compare - we recommend:
- Story Points (if you’re using them)
- WSJF (or any other metric your team uses to prioritize issues or assess business value)
- Click the header of any column to sort your issues by that value.
Step 3: Assign Issues
To assign issues to a sprint, drag it from the backlog to the appropriate sprint. You can also reassign issues by dragging them from one sprint to another.
- Aggregate values for each sprint: when adding a column (such as Story Points), select Sum over sub-items
Group by assignee under each sprint to see how the work is divided across your team: +Add | Group | Field | Assignee
- Use Structure.Gantt to view any blocking dependencies between issues (to help prioritize them)