To edit a structure's permissions:
- If you are currently working in the structure, open the Structure Selector menu and select Configure Structure.
- For any other structure, open All Structures, locate the structure you want to manage, and click the gear icon.
You can set the following permissions for your users:
- View - these users can view the structure but not make any changes.
- Edit - these users can view the structure, as well as rearrange, add or remove issues and folders from the structure.
- Edit generators - these users can do everything Edit users can do, and they can modify generators.
- Control - These users can do everything Edit generator users can, and they can adjust a structure's configuration and permissions. Note: Jira admins can manage all structures.
Once you have made your changes, click Update to return to the Manage Structures page or Update and Open to open the structure.
In Structure Cloud, individual permissions are based on the highest level of permissions for each user. This means, if a user is part of two groups, one with View permissions and one with Edit permissions, that user will have Edit permissions (the higher of the two). This is different from the way permissions are assigned in Structure Server, so please be careful.