The Sub-tasks Extender pulls in sub-tasks to issues already in the structure. Sub-tasks will be placed beneath the current issues in the structure's hierarchy.
To add issues from Next-Gen projects, use the Team-managed Project Hierarchy Extender. Due to technical differences in how items are linked, the Sub-tasks Extender only works for Classic projects.
Adding a Sub-tasks Extender
To add a Sub-tasks Extender,
open the Add menu and select Extend.
Configuring the Generator
Each Sub-tasks Extender can be customized to create exactly the hierarchy you need.
When a generator runs, it runs as the structure owner. This is important because the generator will have access to the same projects, issues, etc. as the user listed here – if they don’t have permission to view an issue, it won’t be added to the structure.
Allows you to specify which types of sub-task to add to your structure, based on your sub-task configuration in Jira. To include all sub-tasks, check the All available sub-task types box.
Allows you to specify which levels in the hierarchy the extender should be applied to:
- Levels are based on the placement of the generator, where "Level 1" is the level the generator is located on, "Level 2" is the level beneath that, and so on.
- Sub-tasks will only be added for those issues within the selected range.
Place the generator on
You have three options:
- Current level - The generator will be placed on the currently-selected level.
- Level below - The generator will be placed on the level below the currently-selected item.
- Top level - The generator will be placed at the top of the structure.
See Generator Scope to learn more.