Structure allows you to add columns to view key information about your issues at a glance. You can customize what information is available by adding new columns or changing the arrangement of your columns.
By default, the following columns are visible in a structure:
- Issue Key Column - Displays the issue key
- Summary - Displays the issue summary (This is also where your issue hierarchy is visible – the summary for child issues is indented relative to their parent issues.)
- Status - Displays the issue status
- Assignee - Displays the issue's assignee
To add new columns, click the + sign to the far right of the column headers.
You can add the following types of columns:
- Agile - Including epic color, epic name and issue color
- Issue Fields - For each issue field in your Jira, Structure Cloud offers a column that displays that field's value
- Progress - Displays an aggregate issue progress, which is calculated based on values from the issue and its sub-issues.
- Totals - Displays aggregate values for issue progress, which includes progress values from sub-issues
Sorting by Columns
- To reverse the sort order, click the column header a second time.
- To remove the sorting, click the column header a third time.
Sorting by column makes a temporary, local adjustment to the structure, without changing it for everyone else. If someone opens the same structure while you have a column sort applied, they will still see items in their original order.
Aggregate Values (Totals)
Totals columns provide aggregate values for several numeric and time-tracking fields. These are calculated as the sum of the current item's field value and those of its sub-issues. In the example below, you can see that the Σ Remaining Estimate value for Epic 3 is the total of all its sub-issues' Remaining Estimates.
When using an aggregate column:
- When an aggregate value is displayed for an issue that also has its own value in the field, its own value is displayed next to the aggregate value in a gray color (see Story 2 above).
- Since issues can be present multiple times in a structure, you can select whether you want to count every instance of an issue or count it just once. By default, duplicates are counted each time they appear. To exclude them, select Exclude Duplicates in the column options.
Sum over sub-items
All aggregate columns have the Sum over sub-items box checked.
This is what makes them aggregate columns. Unchecking this box will change the column from an aggregate column to it's corresponding Field column. Conversely, checking this box for a Field column will turn it into an aggregate column.
Now that we've built our structure, we'll see how to switch structures and edit an existing structure.