Backlog Grooming for Teams
You want to perform backlog grooming for an entire team in one place.
Insert all the issues you need to groom. The easiest way to do this is using an Insert generator to add all issues from a project or board.
Add a Group by Sprint transformation.
Sprints cannot be created in Structure. Make sure all the sprints you want to organize are already created, and at least one issue is assigned to each.
Add columns to compare issue priority. We recommend adding:
- Story Points (if you’re using them)
- WSJF (or any other metric your team uses to prioritize issues or assess business value)
Click the header of any column to sort your issues by that value.
Drag items to the appropriate sprint.
- Selecting sum over subitems on any numeric columns (Story Points, WSJF, etc.) allows you to see how many story points you’ve committed to for each sprint.
- Group by assignee under each sprint to see how the work is divided across your team.
- Add a Filter Sprints transformation to hide closed sprints.
- Use Structure.Gantt to view any blocking dependencies between issues (to help prioritize them).