Folders can be added to a structure to group issues within your hierarchy.
Some common uses for folders include:
- Organizing issues into specific categories
- Separating different projects or different parts of a project
- Creating different Generators rules for different parts of a structure (if a generator is placed beneath a folder, it will only affect items in that folder - see Generator Scope)
- Placing a structure within a structure (it's not necessary to use folders, but we recommend it)
Adding Folders to a Structure
To add a folder to a structure:
- Select the folder's location (the folder will be placed at the same level in the hierarchy, beneath the currently-selected item)
- Open the Add drop-down menu
- Select New Folder
Keyboard shortcut: Press Enter to open the Add New Item dialogue, and press Alt+Up/Down to select between Issue, Folder and Memo.